Read It Before You Eat It
My book, Read It Before You Eat It (Plume 2010) will clear up the confusion by showing you how to make sense of the labels and sidestep tricky marketing ploys. Then I’ll walk you through a typical grocery store and point out the best food choices to make in every aisle.
Let’s go shopping together!
You won’t want to leave home without it!
Why Buy It?
- Which foods help and which harm?
- Can you trust the labels on your food?
- What do all the numbers on the Nutrition Facts Panel mean?
- How can you get the most out of your money when buying food for your family?
- How can you shop smart, shop fast, and shop with confidence?
Read It Before You Eat It will help you find the answers to these questions and so much more…
Kosher by Design Lightens Up:
Fabulous food for a healthier lifestyle
Kosher by Design Lightens Up: Fabulous food for a healthier lifestyle by Susie Fishbein and Bonnie Taub-Dix,MA,RD,CDN (Artscroll – November, 2008)
“Susie Fishbein’s Kosher By Design series has sold over 400,000 copies displaying creative recipes that are magnificently presented and easy to prepare. In collaboration with Bonnie Taub-Dix, National Spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, they present sensible approaches to oils, sweeteners, grains, flours, nuts, and the expanding world of superfoods. These recipes demonstrate that ‘nutritious’ and ‘delicious’ can mingle harmoniously on your plate—and your palate!”
This beautiful book will help you preserve tradition while also preserving your health.
Bonnie was a consultant to, and was quoted in, books such as:
- Nutrition for Dummies (IDG Books)
- Controlling Cholesterol for Dummies (Wiley)
- Weight Loss Kit for Dummies (Hungry Minds)
- The Only 127 Things you Need (Tarcher/Penguin)
She has written chapters for textbooks including:
- Weight Management: A Practical Guide (American Dietetic Association)
- The Entrepreneurial Nutritionist (Helm Press)
- Nutrition Concerns of Women (CRC Press)